Happy Friday, FAMily! <3
We’ve all triumphed through another week in 45 land and we’re making strides each and every day. We have a few simple actions today that we are encouraging everyone to take.
**PLEASE CHECK YOUR PMs. When Mods have questions about your posts, they will send you a message. If they don’t get a response, they will clear the post from the pending post section**
1. If you are the leader of or a member of our Detroit chapter of FAM, please send a PM to Anne Christina as soon as possible 🙂
2. As we recover from another mass shooting–we continue to beat the drum that this is not normal. No other country like ours has these issues and it’s a disgrace that we continue to do nothing. Call your State Representative and Gov. Snyder and demand they stop/veto this new bills (SB 584-584)
Find your representative here: https://www.house.mi.gov/CARES/frmRepList.aspx
2. While you’re talking to Gov. Snyder–demand that he veto the new bill out of the Mi. Legislature that would ease restrictions on letting cargo ships release untreated water into our lakes. Gov. Snyder has been opposed in the past, now we must remind him to do the right thing.
3. The horrible GOP budget has passed the house–and we’re back to voicing our concerns to Senators. This version has provisions that would remove essential parts of the ACA as well as hurt students seeking higher education and individuals like teachers, firefighters and other folks who incur expenses on behalf of their employment that they then tax deduct.
Murkowski, Collins, McCain, and Ron Johnson have all come out against it, with Johnson being the most vocal.
4. While you’re taking to those senators, remind them that CHIP is still hanging in the balance–and for a party that cares about children so much, they should put their money where their mouth is and save these kids.
5. Lastly, help Freedom House Detroit win $25,000!
Freedom House Detroit is a multi dimensional organization for those seeking refuge or asylum in the US. They are shuddering with the thought of having to close due to budget concerns and available funds. We can help them. Use the link below to vote for them so they can keep their doors open and help those who are looking for the American Dream.
As always, it’s a pleasure and an honor to serve this group. We are so proud of all of you and the work you’ve done and as we look towards the future–it is bright for us and our FAMily.
Anne, Anne, and Jen <3