Happy Friday, FAMily!
We applaud you for making it to the end of another week. We see your strength and dignity and we think it rocks!
There are a few decisive actions we want everyone to take today. Before you comment on this post with another action or additional info, please make sure you’re taking some of these actions. We have such a powerful voice-almost 31k strong and we need to use it.
1. It’s been rumored that Susan Collins is really impacted by the tax bill rallies, calls and protests. We’re encouraging everyone to call her today and let her know this bill cannot pass.
2. Speaking of the tax bill, everyone should call their MI representative today and tell them this garbage bill hurts children, people with disabilities, the middle class and cuts Medicare, Medicare and Social Security which are opposite the promises DT made when he was running.
Find your rep here:
3. The GOP is licking their chops at the resignation of Al Franken while an admitted sexual predator is in the Oval Office and a child predator runs for Senate in Alabama with the full weight of the party.
We’d like each of you to call as many Republican Senators as possible and demand they drop support for Moore and call on Trump to resign.
4. Remember Kim Davis? The county clerk in KY who refused marriage licenses to gay couples to preserve the sanctity of marriage (despite being divorced 3 times and having had affairs during her marriages-which should be noted that FAM is not taking a negative stance on this but Davis and the GOP sure were silent). Well, she’s being challenged in the next race for country clerk by David Ermold, who was one of the men she denied a license to.
Check out the article here:
And you can donate to his campaign here:
5. ACA enrollment ends on Dec. 15th. If you or someone you know needs the ACA, use this link to get enrolled.
We’re likely to see big developments in the Russia investigation and the sexual assault and harassment situation in Congress. Remember to not lose heart and to hold all MoC accountable to their behavior, not just our side.
We’re so privileged to have you with us. As always, we are in awe of your spirit and your hard work.
Anne, Anne, and Jen
Happy Wednesday, FAM! ❤️
Hope your week (politics aside) is going well! 😊
So, the tax plan passed the Senate this weekend – what’s next? Reconciliation Committee, to try to get the House and Senate version in alignment. Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi choose who will be on the committee, and it looks like the members are as follows:
Kevin Brady (R) Texas
Devin Nunes (R) California
Peter Roskam (R) Illinois
Diane Black (R) Tennessee
Kristi Noem (R) South Dakota
Rob Bishop (R) Utah
Don Young (R) Alaska
Greg Walden (R) Oregon
John Shimkus (R) Illinois
Richard Neal (D) Massachusetts
Sander Levin (D) Michigan
Lloyd Doggett (D) Texas
Raúl Grijalva (D) Arizona
Kathy Castor (D) Florida
Doing the simple math, you can probably guess how any vote will go…after committee, it goes back to the House and Senate for a final vote, before heading to 45.
But in the meantime, while the tax bill is in committee, Congress needs to pass an operating budget. The former deadline was December 8 – but they are voting on a December 22 extension. The two parties are at odds, with the GOP wanting to increase spending on defense, and the Dems wanting more money for DACA and the opioid crisis.
So, what are we doing this week?
1. Stay informed! As always, avoid the shiny/scary/embarrassing shit coming out of Washington and focus on the long-range.
2. Call your MoC and urge them to protect DACA as they discuss the government operating budget.
3. We may have a couple weeks before the tax plan goes to a vote (45 wants to give y’all a Christmas present, you know…🤮), but keep up the pressure. Call DAILY. We have that time to let your voices be heard. Log those calls! Please!
4. Join us a La Pita (on Newman, in Dearborn) THIS Saturday at 5 pm for another Shawarma Law Enforcement dinner. Annie and I will be there – we’d love to meet you! ❤️
Keep it up, FAM! Stay strong and move FORWARD! ❤️
Anne, Anne, and Jen❤️
Happy Monday, FAMily!
Woah. What a weekend. The admins and moderators want to encourage everyone to practice self care, and to move with intention as we forray into this new area of this administration, especially Congress.
As we’re sure all of you know, Congress passed the ATROCITY of the GOPs tax bill in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. While this is certainly not a good thing, this is not the final step before the law goes to DTs desk. We can still make a difference as we’ve done for the past year.
Today’s post has some simple but necessary actions to take as well as some reminders and housekeeping. Do. Not. Lose. Heart. We can still make a difference and FAM will always be committed to giving voices to the voiceless.
1. Congress has to vote on this garbage bill at least one more time before it goes to the President for signature. This article from Electablog is a great resource for what actions to take in the mean time. This is NOT over.
The Simple Answer: Call 202-224-3121 and backlash like you’ve never backlashed before.
The Slightly Less Simple Answer: If you have a Republican representative, call 202-224-3121 and demand they stop helping the rich while claiming to be about the middle and working class. Remind them there is no economic proof that giving rich people more money to “stimulate the economy with spending” has ever worked.
Follow @MichaelSLinden and @TaxMarch to stay informed on ways to protest and make your voice heard.
If you can, donate to Democratic opponents of Republicans, especially Doug Jones who MUST DEFEAT pedophile, sexual predator and racist Roy Moore.
2. Remember to check your PMs because our awesome moderator team will reach out to you that way should you submit a post that needs editing before approval. We are having a huge problem with people posting that their posts are being ignored by moderators which is simply not the case.
Also, please SEARCH before you post as to not duplicate posts. Duplicate posts or lonely link posts (things that are simply shared without any commentary or text from you) won’t be approved.
3. Please give a special call to Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and remind him that CHIP must be funded. In order to receive CHIP, a recipient must have a job, so saying that paying for CHIP means paying for people who aren’t contributing is FALSE AS HELL. 202-224-5251
4. For your reference, one of the graphics shared on this post is a list of all of the Republicans who voted YES on the budge in the Senate. We will be setting our sights on them in 2018 and destroying their reelections where applicable.
As always, it is a pleasure for us to be here with you. We hope that you take these actions seriously and complete them every day. Those who have no voice, the marginalized, oppressed, abused, and discriminated against are RELYING ON US to step full force into the fray and protect them. For all that we have, we have a great responsibility to see to it that others have access to the things we take for granted.
Anne, Anne, and Jen
Happy Friday, FAM! ❤️
Today is December 1, 2017!!!
I know we say this all the time, but truly, thank you. Thank you for caring. Thank you for still being in this. Honestly, there are days I am not thrilled with this “calling” – I have friends, acquaintances, and family members who have stopped watching the news – they are sticking their heads in the sand and insulating themselves from everything that is going on. Because of this “job” – being a FAM admin – I can’t do that. Could I walk away and quit? Sure. Am I going to? HELL. NO.
I am seeing this through to the end – and beyond! YOU, my dear FAM rock stars, keep me going. YOU are saving this country. And when this asshole is out of office, WE are going to reverse this damage he has done and take back our country!!! We have a lot of work to do, and we won’t get thanks or recognition for it, but it may very well be one of the most important things we’ve ever done. Twenty years from know, when we can sleep peacefully, and don’t have an undercurrent of rage 24/7…when our air is clean and our waters our clear…when our vulnerable populations are protected and respected, YOU, my FAMily, will be able to lean back in your chair, smile, and say “I did this.” ❤️❤️. YOU are amazing. ❤️
Now, show me what you can do!!!!! 💪🏼
1. YOU. MUST. CALL! The tax plan vote is expected today. I was heartened last night when the vote was postponed for not having enough votes. Despite going through the charade of moving through the proper procedure with 20 hours of debate, blah, blah, blah (to make John McCain happy and get his vote), there are still many voting on this atrocity who have not read it! This has been incredibly rushed. The math is wrong. I could go on for another page. This needs to be stopped.
Please refer to these resources when calling. Particularly target Corker, who is being pressured hard.
IF it passes today, we’ll deal with it and keep moving FORWARD. But let’s do what we can do to stop it now. Thank you! ❤️
2. While you’re in the mood to make contact, make some calls to urge your MoC to grow a spine and support impeachment charges, based on obstruction of justice. Focus especially on Burr and McConnell (Yurtle)
Burr: (202) 224-3154
McConnell: (202) 224-2541
Trump Pressed Top Republicans to End Senate Russia Inquiry
That’s it today. Just two, to encourage you to get it done. We’ll have more Monday, for sure – get ready.
*** December 9, 5 PM – please join us at La Pita in Dearborn for our monthly Shawarma Law Enforcement meeting. 😊. ***
We’ll talk with you soon. ❤️
Anne, Anne, and Jen ❤️
Good morning, FAMily! ❤️
As usual these days (exhaustingly), there are many things happening on which we can act simultaneously, but we are going to choose a few emergent items to highlight today, to avoid overwhelming.
Before we get started on action items, we wanted to pause a moment and talk about our actions online. Read any comments section of any news article and the tone seems to devolve rapidly these days – even here on FAM, we’ve had to shut down many posts over the past year when members ended up name-calling and shaming other members. As admins, we can’t help but shake our heads at this – We. Are. On. The. Same. Side. It’s okay to not think 100% alike, and in fact, listening to (and honoring) differing viewpoints is one of the hallmarks of democracy. Taking the concept of “going high” one step further, I encourage you to listen to others, both here and elsewhere – text is not an ideal medium for communication – as a matter of fact, it sucks…so before you jump to conclusions about what someone meant, or assume someone is a “troll,” seek to clarify first. We have SO MANY other things on which to focus our energy. Fighting with our allies zaps that energy and divides our movement. (And no, this was not triggered by any incident – I watched this great TED talk last night, and reflected back to our movement). I encourage you to take a peek – a little long, but a really interesting perspective:
Okay! On to our actions!
NATIONAL LEVEL RESISTANCE
1. The tax plan will likely be voted on tomorrow. We need three senate votes to kill this plan. The graphic below highlights just a few of the reasons this bill is terrible for our country. I seriously cannot even wrap my head around how gleeful the GOP is about passing something so damaging to millions and millions of people, all for the sake of a “win.” Murkowski looks to be leaning toward yes, as well as Collins. Corker flipped yesterday and voted the bill through in committee (bastard!). So, the three we are looking at today are our AZ contingent, Flake and McClain, as well as newly emerged John Kennedy from LA. Not sure what to do with this? So glad you asked! 😁
The Indivisible hack: https://www.trumptaxscam.org/
Or, this enormous set of resources via Ben Wikler:
2. Net Neutrality
Y’all know the story by now (if not, ask below…we’ll bring you up to speed!).
To preserve internet neutrality, one of the remaining three needs to change their vote. Contact them directly to urge them to defend Net Neutrality:
Ajit Pai: 202-518-7399
Michael O’Rielly: 301-657-9092
Brendan Carr: 202-719-7305
Secondly, leave comments via phone or email by following the prompts below.
Also, you can log comments online:
The NY AG is investigating false positive comments that have been discovered to justify killing net neutrality. This means we need to work extra hard to overcome. The vote is scheduled for mid-December.
3. Speaking of mid-December, Doug Jones needs your help to defeat Roy Moore in AL. Bannon will be hitting the campaign trail next week to support Moore, and is calling directly on Alabama’s “deplorables” to put him in office. This situation….seriously. Who would ever have thought???
Donate, if you are able: https://dougjonesforsenate.com/
Lastly, an emerging act of resistance for Twitter users: Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin is urging us to withdraw 45’s narcissistic supply. Understanding narcissism (having had my own experience) – the narcissist lives in adoration, praise, worship. At times, ANY reaction feeds the narcissism, because in his head, EVERYTHING can be spun into a positive feedback loop. Narcissists create and truly believe their own reality. Evidence with the Access Hollywood tapes – he is now saying that isn’t his voice on the tapes, despite prior admitting to it. Understand that this man now truly believes that he never said that. So, Elizabeth is suggesting a strategy called “grey rocking.” For every tweet 45 puts out, simply respond with “You will be impeached.” There is no ambiguity with this statement, no way to misinterpret or twist. No anger, no frustration – just those words only. Check it out:
This got long, quickly! We are thankful for you! Now get out there and take our country back, FAM!!!! 💕
Your admins: Anne, Anne, and Jen ❤️